Pet Wellness Care at Goshen Animal Clinic
Just like you, we want your pet to live the longest, healthiest life possible. That starts with the basics: quality food, enough exercise, good grooming, and yes, regular check-ups.
Annual exams are your pet’s first line of defense. Goshen Animal Clinic’s nose-to-tail annual exams include:
- Oral hygiene and dental health
- Checking cardiac function
- Looking for fleas, ticks, mites, and other external parasites
- Giving vaccinations, both core and non-core as recommended
- Weighing and measuring to prevent pet obesity, and nutrition/activity consultation if needed.
- Discussion of any behavioral problems your pet might be exhibiting
- Blood screenings and parasite testing
While we advise annual exams and blood work for all adult dogs and cats, we do encourage twice-yearly exams and blood work for senior animals. Though pets age differently based on breed and size, most dogs are considered seniors around age 7; cats reach senior status at about 9.
Since animals age much faster than we do, disease and illness progress more quickly as well. Regular exams and blood screenings will enable us to establish a baseline for your pet. That way, we can catch problems early when they are more treatable and before they become larger (and more expensive) health issues.